You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:22 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:05 pm 

Quote:
Aurora, CO (RestaurantNews.com) In an effort to make it simpler for customers with food allergies and restrictions to eat at its restaurants, Quiznos recently added an ‘Interactive Allergy Menu’ tool to its U.S. website and mobile phone applications.

Using this new utility, a customer simply selects foods/ ingredients that he/she may be allergic to or, wishes to avoid; and, immediately views menu options available at Quiznos that do not contain those restrictions.

Customers can choose from hundreds of combinations of items to be avoided including, but not limited to the major eight allergen groups. Customers may also choose to avoid ingredients such as MSG and Sulfites.

http://www.restaurantnews.com/quiznos-a ... s-website/

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:46 am 

I took a look at both the Canadian and US sites.

With the US site it doesn't let you look at details and it only has a general "everything could be cross contaminated" (or similar) message plus that some things could be made in plants with allergens.

With the Canadian site it says that all of the breads are made in facility with nearly every major allergen.

In my opinion, Quiznos is only suitable if you are someone who does not need to worry about cross contamination which is no one that I know who is dilligent in managing their food allergies.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:40 am 

Thanks for the information. I have sent an email to Quinzos after reading your comments and will share the response once I receive it.

Labelling can be so confusing sometimes and you have to read and in my case sometimes reread ingredients. I bought these dried cherries the other day and it said something along the lines that it had absolutely no peanuts or nuts so I silently cheered in the aisle as I imagined making a new salad recipe. Just before I added the cherries to the salad I read the label again – underneath the absolutely no peanuts and nuts it had a smaller line item that said manufactured in a factory that processed tree nuts.

I have since sent a letter to the manufacturer.