You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:50 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:58 am 

Thank you for the review. I will keep my eye our for the endurance SPIbelts for when my existing ones eventually wear out.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:51 am 

Has anyone tried to get two Allerject injectors into a SPIbelt and keep them laying FLAT? Mine keep flipping or sliding and stacking on top of each other, even if placed in a zip top bag and folded up. I already have my SPIbelt elastic as tight as it goes but the pouch itself expands just enough to let the Allerjects wiggle around. Tips? Suggestions? Photos?

Or, will I have to get a different carrier for the Allerjects to use when I'm running or playing sports?

For now, I'm keeping my EpiPens in the SPIbelt, as they lay flat to my skin. Allerjects are limited to my pockets or backpack. (I have the neoprene Allerject carriers Sanofi was giving out, and they work great, but they don't work for sports.)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:17 am 

My kids wear their spibelts with two Allerjects, but yes, they are stacked and not side by side. I did try side by side, but found they didn't stay that way. I bought two of the neoprene single pouches some time ago but they don't have kids sizes so it's DH that uses one of them with two epipens: http://www.fitletic.com/. My issue was that I ordered two of the same in different colours, but one was just slightly bigger than the other. The bigger one will fit two Epis and I just tried, and it will *just* fit two Allerjects side by side. I tossed it around a bit and it seems to stay like that. The smaller one won't fit two Epis, and would fit two Allerjects but only stacked. If there's some way of contacting them to get exact specs of the one they are sending to you, that might work? It's a much thicker fabric and thicker elastic waistband too, so way more sturdy. For myself, if I have no pockets and need to take my phone running, I prefer the Fitletic over the Spibelt.

If you wanted to keep using your spibelt, could you use clear packing tape and tape the two allerjects end to end, as in with the bottom of one directly attached to the other one's bottom, so if you needed to use them, both units are accessible from their top openings? Does this make sense?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:50 am 

Thank you, Alison's Mom. I thought about the tape idea too or a thin cardboard sleeve, but wondered if other options existed. I will check out Fitletic, although their specifications say the pouch is only 5.5" x 3", which seems too small for two Allerjects. How big is your pouch that fits both of them side by side?

I'm looking into the KozyEpi pouches as well, although they don't fit tight to the body which could get annoying whilst running or playing sports.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:50 pm 

The smaller one is 15.25cm and the larger is 17.5cm. Not great quality control, right? We have Kozy too, but their belts are not stretchy. . . My kids are really small and skinny so I have spent a lot of time looking for the perfect belt.

Personally, as a runner, and an owner of spibelt, fitletic and Kozy, if I were to run with two Allerjects, I would stack them in a fitletic. It's a much thicker and sturdier material, and sturdier belt too. I just put in two allerject trainers stacked, and jumped up and down. Not much movement or bouncing.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:14 pm 

Thanks again! I'm going to look into the Fitletic. It looks like they have one with two pouches, which may be the solution I am looking for. (It's pretty big though... 12" long pouch, yikes!) I think the two stacked Allerjects would get in the way of jackets and layers, come to think of it. How small does the waistband really go? I have a skinny waist and need the belt 24" to fit properly. Fitletic says their belts will go that small, but do they really?

I am going to email Fitletic right now. Thank you for the heads up.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:50 pm 

The smaller of my fitletics is exactly 24" at the smallest setting. DH has stretched out the belt of the other one so I didn't bother measuring it. Hope they can find something that works for you!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:23 am 

I heard back from Fitletic yesterday. They said I can order multiple styles and return the one(s) that don't work. :)

SPIbelt used to make custom size belts, but elastic waistbands are pretty easy to shorten at home with a sewing machine, so I'm not too worried about that.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:44 pm 

Great! I'm glad to hear they are being accommodating. Hope one of them works out for you.