You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:09 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:35 am 

Thank you for all your kind and encouraging words. You don't know how much that means to me, it takes away a ton off my shoulder already.

I am lucky in a way that dd is still young, there's practically no change in her diet that she can notice as compare to a teenager. Dh and I are the ones that have to change for the most part. We never eat out much before, and if we did, we always brought dd's own food anyway(she's a very picky eater). She gets a little bit of our food depends on what we order but majority of her food is still homemade. We just won't give her ordered food anymore from now on. Actually, we probably won't go out to eat for awhile.

I am unlucky in a way that dh works on airplanes. So everytime he comes home he could well be covered in nuts particles(even though his company doesn't serve peanuts, they serve cashews and of course some passengers bring their own). From now on, I'll make him wash his hands and face right away, rinse his mouth with mouthwash, then he's allowed to hug dd and a little peck on the cheek. After that, a good and thorough shower.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:08 am 

(edited to remove double post)

Last edited by ethansmom on Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:08 am 

_Susan_ wrote:
You will find your comfort zone. You will find your quick meals, on the road food pllns, safe places to go for fun. You will educate all of your friends and all of your childs friends. You will lose some friends who just can't make the conection and you will discover those hidden gems, those people you never thought cared that much about you. You will always have a topic of conversation at a party. Some day someone will ask you for advise and you will all of a sudden notice that the knot in you shouders or in the pit of your stomach is gone. That is when you will realise that you are coming to terms with this.

Well said Susan. :)