You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:51 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: soygurt
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:17 pm 
you can now get the soygurt (dairy free) in single serving size (same size as yogurt). Three flavors, honey vanilla, orange peach mago and strawberry. My son loves them, and takes them for school snacks, he is allergic to milk as well as eggs and peanuts. Atlantic Superstory on Joseph Howe sells them in Halifax. Has anyone else tried these?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:46 pm 

What? You can post in this forum without logging in?

WHAT HAVE I DONE?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:12 pm 

this is the second time I posted a message and it said guest, I don't think I signed in but was able to post a message. I just forgot to sign it. Bev

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:44 pm 
Site Admin

What brand is this soyghurt? Or is this the brand name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:48 pm 

Heh. That's okay, bev. I just thought I'd set it up wrong. I fixed it now :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:32 pm 

Wow, I love local information!!! :D Thanks Bev,that's just down the road for me!!!!
I have only used the bigger containers. Still trying to get my daughter to acquire a taste for soy yogurt, but I think I will check that out this week. What is a good flavour to start with???

Spring

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:08 am 

I thought I left a message here yesterday but maybe it went somewhere else.
Hey, Spring, I will check with my son to see which one is his favorite. There are 3 different flavors in a pakage of 6 for 4.99. He seems to love them all. They also have mayo in that section (health food/organic section) with no eggs in it in the same area. It is a vegan mayo. I liked it but my son didn't. He is the one with the egg allergy so I didn't buy it again. Another new item I discovered recently which is a real treat for my son is Fudge Covered Graham Cookies, no egg, milk or nuts (hard to find that in the cookie section as you must know) He loves them as do everyone else. I find I am always searching for something new. It can be a challenge with the three allergies. Hope your daughter likes the Soygurt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:44 pm 

Spring, my son likes the strawberry flavor the best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:24 pm 

Thanks Bev--do you know who makes the Fudge covered Graham cookies? I would like to look for them out west.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:42 am 

The fudge covered graham wafers is a "no name" product in yellow packaging. (I don't have any here right now to look at the packaging) There are two sizes, small and medium wafers, my son likes the smaller ones better for some reason. His friends all love them as well. Hope you find them.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:07 am 

My daughter has eated these cookies many many times without a reaction, however, the last time I bought them, I noticed a funny symbol on the packaging - I think it was a U in a circle. i called the 1-800 number on the packaging and their cutomer service rep said that this symbol indicated that the product is produced in a facility/line that also contains dairy. So now these cookies are off our list too.

I find the symbols and food labelling confusing and unreliable. When I try a new product, I always call to make sure. Food Labelling 101 could be a great artile in the next edition of AL

Sandy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 3:57 pm 

I find it so difficult with treats, one week they are okay the next week there is a may contain or made in facility warning added to the lable. Then I'm on the hunt again for something new. The presidents choice "Lickity splitz" are great. they are like an oreo cookie. They are dairy free. Our other stand by are the Dad's oatmeal chocolate chip. They are egg and dairy free, They do however have a nut warning. I have just found the soy yogurt and thank goodness my son loves it, something new for lunches. I also found a soy spread, It's like a cream cheese. My son loves it on crackers,I use it as an appetiser with company. It's called YOSO Spreadables. Its also great on Bagles, it comes in 3 flavors. :D
Karen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:27 pm 

I try to remember to check the ingredient lists everytime I take a product off of the shelf, even the products I have been buying for years. I also then check them when I take them out of my cupboard to use them.
I have found numerous occasions where the ingredients have changed without a warning on the label. For example, the type of oil potato chips are done in, or the type of oil in pasta sauces.
I have also had two reactions and several close calls because of this.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:11 pm 

The six-pack of snack-sized soygurt is also available at Superstore in Dieppe New Brunswick, across from Champlain Place. :D It is great though I only get there every few months. I actually prefer the soygurt over real yogurt. My daughter likes all the flavors but strawberry and peach seem to be the big favorites. Bev, where did you find the fudge-covered graham cookies? :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:35 am 

The 6 pack soygurt can be found at Atlantic Superstore, Bayers Lake has them some or most of the time and the new Atlantic Superstore on Dutch Village Road had them everytime I looked for them. They are in the speciality, organic section. The fudge covered crackers are in the yellow package, no name I think, and are carried at the Atlantic Superstore, two sizes, in the cookie section. My son likes the smaller cracker size more. I hope you find them because he loves them and it is a nice treat that you don't have to bake!! Also, a nice snack are the applesnack tube packaged the same way a yogurt tube. I am finding they are harder to find but Sobeys in Clayton Park seems to care them.