You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:50 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Nuconnexions
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:03 pm 

This link provides information about different companies and their labelling procedures. It also lists who is owned by whom.

http://www.nuconnexions.com/Allergy/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:49 pm 

Thank you for posting that link - looks like it will be very useful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:27 pm 

That is an interesting site. I am getting the feeling lately that some manufacturers seem to be saying "we can not guarantee that it is safe", but we wash equipment, and employees wash after eating etc., and seem to not want to take any resposibility in ensuring that the product does not contain anything it is not suppost to. The site seemed to say that mc cain was okay, but that was NOT the impression I got when I called them.

Thanks Anna Marie, it is nice to see their actual policies...not just the opinion of the day of whoever answers their phones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:16 pm 

Great link! I hope they update some of their info, as it is 4-5 years old... but it's very useful anyway!

Thanks for posting!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:00 am 

saskmommyof2 wrote:
That is an interesting site. I am getting the feeling lately that some manufacturers seem to be saying "we can not guarantee that it is safe", but we wash equipment, and employees wash after eating etc., and seem to not want to take any resposibility in ensuring that the product does not contain anything it is not suppost to.

I do agree with you - and I think there are a few reasons for this.

1. We live in the age of *I'll sue you*. It's the national pass time. Companies do not want to be sued over something that is beyond their control. (e.g. Ingredients they purchase.)

2. To make a guarantee is a big time and financial committment. It's not just a one-time investment either - it's on-going. You have to get information from ALL of your suppliers - information and guarantees. Which means, you might have to pay more for your ingredients. You also have to test your product. Either you buy the stuff and pay someone to do this, or you pay another company to do it. Both cost time and money. And you can't just test once and say *yippee we're safe*. You have to keep testing.

Some companies seem to be doing a lot, but since they are not actually testing the product they don't want to be sued.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:16 am 

What a fantastic resource - thanks AnnaMarie! It's amazing that someone has taken the time to put the research into a site like that! As far as the data being outdated....his website states that if anyone is aware of updated info. etc. that they can send him an email and he'll update it as soon as time permits. I've already emailed him about M&M Meat Shops. With everyone's help, I'm sure the data will be current in no time. :D