You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:32 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:14 am 

Hey out there, can't believe I haven't found you guys before, what a great resource. As mentioned my daughter is "atopic" , started with severe eczema, food allergies(dairy, egg and peanut) then asthma. Been to er twice within the last year for allergic reactions , actually had to administer the epipen myself this last time(pretty scary). Anyways we're coping and leading otherwise a normal life, two sons showing no signs of allergies. Looking forward to reading more, thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:21 pm 

Hi! Wow, that all sounds very scary. I'm glad you are coping well with it all. It can be hard at times, and so it is good to have others around to talk to who have to deal with this stuff. My son is allergic to corn, dairy, and soy. I'm allergic to just about everything. We try to do lots of activities that do not center around food. For Easter the big bunny is going to bring him toys instead of candy, which last longer anyway. He doesn't eat any of the top allergens yet. Since I am allergic to so many things the doctor doesn't want him to go off an elimination diet until he is a few years older. It's hard, but well worth it in the long run.