You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:49 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:16 pm 

I was looking at reviews of Bonnie Raitt's latest album (Souls Alike) and I found this:

http://www.nola.com/search/index.ssf?/base/living-5/1142321030212390.xml?nola#continue

Quote:
at Raitt's request, the shows were nonsmoking -- something more artists, and clubs, would do well to consider.

(I haven't bought "Souls Alike"....yet. But I *love* the song "I Will not Be Broken")

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:25 am 

I wish more artists would insist on non-smoking shows. Smoking is very bad for their vocal chords and those that are serious about their "instrument" take good care of it. :D A lot of venues here in London are absolutely horrendous, especially the smaller ones. It's just one big smoke-filled room. I went to see the Black Crowes a few weeks ago... a great 3-hour show but the place was full of smoke. My eyes were red and swollen for a week! The same week I went to another venue where they only allowed smoking at the bar and it made all the difference!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:45 pm 

I think that we're going to be seeing more and more places go smoke free. Bonnie Raitt is just ahead of her time! We've come a long way though since the days when people would smoke in hospital emergency waiting rooms. (I'm pretty sure I heard that this was the case when I was a kid...but it sounds so incredible that even as I write it I wonder if I am mistaken.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:48 am 

:lol: I have to laugh because my Mom gave me a book that was given to her when she was pregnant with me. It says that in order to relax they should sit down and enjoy a cigarette. :lol:

If I didn't see it I wouldn't have believed it!!!