You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:51 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Forum wish list
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:26 pm 

What would you like to see here that isn't?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:11 pm 

Well, Audra, I'd like to see a cure - but I don't think you can provide that. :lol: Tickets to your home town probably won't be available either. :wink:

So, how about Avatars? I'm pretty sure this board supports them, but I can't see anything in the Profile page to set one and since nobody else has one, I'm guessing it's not just me.

The question about what we want to see here - is that about the whole board, or did you mean different forums? If I have totally misunderstood - please just quietly delete my entire post so that I don't have to play ostrich and stick my head in the sand for a week. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:26 am 

I'm not a big fan of avatars. I think they look sort of messy and tacky and I love the way this site and these boards look now.

I mean anything at all you wanna see here. New forums, topic directions, forums being combined. Anything! I'm very democratic :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:35 am 

A spell check would be very helpful for those of us who are spelling challenged :D I don't know why but everytime I spell something wrong on the internet in a chat with someone or in an e-mail I feel like I have internet turrets or something LOL
Robin
P.S. What the heck is an Avatar? I'm assuming you aren't talking about the all powerful gods from the show Charmed? LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:46 am 

Avatars are the images you put under your name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:26 pm 

Possibly a new forum.

The thread about sesame seeds has gotten quite large, with lots of posts. It's a bit difficult if you think you remember certain information being posted, and then you have to back track through all the pages to try to find it. A separate forum for sesame seeds would make it easier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:59 pm 

What about making the site searchable? would that even be possible?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:11 pm 

Lisa wrote:
What about making the site searchable? would that even be possible?

It is searchable already. If you look at the top right of page (above Profile and Log In) you'll see a search link. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:12 pm 

Lisa, up at the top on the right hand side there is a search. But, if you type in a word - like sesame seed - it gives you a list of all threads that have that word or term appearing in it. Then you search through each individual thread. (Any board I've ever been on works that way. I've never heard of one that will take you to the exact page or post.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:57 pm 

Thanks--I never noticed the search function up there! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:30 am 

I'll talk to Gwen about a sesame seed forum, thanks for the feedback!

Post subject: test
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:11 am 

this is a test

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:29 am 

I was wondering if it would be possible to add to the information that appears to the left of the post in our forum. Currently it reads, your username, when you joined, your number of posts, and your location. I think it would be really helpful to people if you could add a line for allergens (maybe a check list for top 10 and then a line for others? maybe icons could appear instead?) and perhaps if your a parent dealing with allergies , or dealing with them yourself. I find that when I'm writing a post - I feel the need to clarify my situation (i.e. my three year old son has peanut allergy, eczema, asthmatic to dogs, cats, etc.) -- if this information appeared beside my post (as well as everyone else's) automatically it would be a quick reference point and we wouldn't feel the need to clarify our situation each time we respond to a post. I don't even know if this is possible to do with the software....but thought I'd ask.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:18 am 

Good idea. Another suggestion--not sure if this is a good idea or not, but I'll throw it out there: what about adding a "temporary" topics section? i.e. discussions that would be erased after a certain period of time. sometimes I feel inclined to tell a story but then think...no better not. what if the person read it and recognized themselves?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:03 pm 

ethansmom wrote:
I was wondering if it would be possible to add to the information that appears to the left of the post in our forum. Currently it reads, your username, when you joined, your number of posts, and your location. I think it would be really helpful to people if you could add a line for allergens (maybe a check list for top 10 and then a line for others? maybe icons could appear instead?) and perhaps if your a parent dealing with allergies , or dealing with them yourself. [...]

Our signatures (set in our profiles) should take care of this but for some reason my signature is not appearing even though I've set it to appear. I have a message in to the webmaster about this.

On another forum that I belong to, almost everyone includes a signature that shows where they are from (helps when people recommend stores and projects) and what allergies they are dealing with. I'll report back when the fix is done. I agree that this is very useful info to include with each post. Gives us all some context to work with!

K.