You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:03 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 6:12 pm 

It is *great*! Everything I made so far is *awesome*! Great way to feel happy with food again. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 8:53 pm 

Thanks Lakeswimr... I'm going to search for this cookbook. I tend to use existing recipes and modify them like crazy since my son is allergic to so many things - it is SO rare when I find a recipe where I don't have to modify something. It would be nice to use a cookbook that had eliminated so many allergens to begin with.

Nice to hear from you again Lakeswimr... it seems like posting on sesame is sporadic, so I'm always happy to see new posts!

12 yr old son: allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, fish, sesame, sunflower, mustard, poppy seeds, green peas, some fruits, instructed to avoid all other legumes (except soy & green beans), pollen, cats, horses

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:23 pm 

Thanks Julie!

I forgot to say, the cookbook is free of the top 8! (Although she does use spelt in a lot of recipes she also gives alternative flours/grains for those who can't do spelt, either. Probably not as good for those who can't do gluten at all, though.)

Yes, sesame...what is there to say? It stinks! lol I could complain for a long time if you wanna hear that. :wink:

I will keep checking back in and post more finds. :) I'm still searching for more pre-packaged things for DS. Glad to have others to share with when I find anything good. :D