You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:40 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:48 pm 

I was just wondering if anyone had any mars bar recipes. Now that Mars has peanut free bars, I can bake desserts like he has seen in restaurants that he has not been able to have!! 8)

Post subject: Re MARS BARS....
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:53 pm 

Hi, I did a quick search and came across these recepies.............let me know if theyt're any good!~

Fried Candy Bars
The miniature candy bars work very well for this recipe.

1 egg
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
Candy bars (Mars, Snickers, Almond Joy, Kit Kat or Twix)

Chill or freeze the candy bars

Combine egg, milk and vegetable oil in a cup.

In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well with a wire whisk. Cover and chill for a few minutes while the oil heats.

Remove batter from the refrigerator and adjust the consistency if necessary. Heat about 4 cups of oil or shortening to 375 degrees F. Dip the chilled candy bar in the batter and gently place into the oil. Cook only until the outside is golden. Remove and drain on brown paper. Allow to cool for a minute as the inside can easily burn your mouth.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Mars Bar Rice Krispies Squares
4 regular size Mars bars
1/2 cup butter
2 cups Rice Krispies
1 cup milk chocolate chips

Melt butter and Mars bars over medium-low heat in large saucepan until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in Rice Krispies. Press into greased 8-inch square pan. Top with chocolate chips and place under broiler for 30 seconds. Remove from oven and spread chocolate evenly over square. Put in refrigerator to set chocolate, 30 minutes to 1 hour.

Cut into squares and serve.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Burnt Sugar Candy Bar Cake
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup hot water
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2/3 cup butter, softened
2 egg yolks
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 egg whites
1 1/2 cups finely chopped assorted candy bars
Browned Butter Frosting
Coarsely chopped assorted candy bars,
such as Hershey's, Mars, Nestle, or other (optional)

Grease and lightly flour three 8 x 1 1/2-inch round baking pans or two 9 x 2-inch pans.

In a large skillet cook the 3/4 cup sugar over medium-high heat until the sugar just begins to melt. Do not stir. Reduce heat; cook until sugar is golden brown, about 1 to 3 minutes more, stirring mixture constantly.

Carefully stir in hot water (syrup will form lumps). Bring mixture to boiling; reduce heat. Continue stirring until mixture is free of lumps. Remove from heat. Pour syrup into a large glass measuring cup. Add additional water to equal 1 3/4 cups liquid. Set aside to cool.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large mixing bowl stir together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Beat together the 1 1/2 cups sugar, the 2/3 cup butter, egg yolks and the vanilla extract with an electric mixer on medium speed for 1 minute or until mixture is smooth.

Alternately add flour mixture and sugar syrup to egg yolk mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined. Clean beaters thoroughly.

In a medium mixing bowl beat egg whites until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight). Fold into batter. Divide batter into baking pans; spread evenly. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove cakes from pans; transfer to wire racks; cool completely. Prepare Browned Butter Frosting.

To assemble, spread 1/2 cup Browned Butter Frosting over bottoms of two of the cake layers. Sprinkle each frosted layer with half of the finely chopped candy. Stack these layers on cake plate, frosted sides up. Place the third (8nfrosted) layer on top, rounded side up.

Spread remaining frosting on top and sides of cake. Garnish with the coarsely chopped candy bar pieces, if desired. Makes 16 servings.

Browned Butter Frosting
1/2 cup butter
6 ounces cream cheese
3 tablespoons butter
6 1/2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar, divided
2 to 3 teaspoons milk

In a small saucepan, heat and stir the 1/2 cup butter over low heat until melted. Continue heating until butter turns a nut-brown color. Remove from heat; cool for 5 minutes.

In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese and the 3 tablespoons butter until combined. Beat in about 2 cups of the confectioners' sugar. Beat in the browned butter and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in 4 1/2 more cups sifted confectioners' sugar and milk until frosting is of spreading consistency.

NOTE: Use butter only. Margarine or other spreads will not yield the same results and could keep the frosting mixture from setting properly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:07 pm 

i've never tried them before (mostly cause chocolate makes me sick) but deep fried candy bars are supposed to be to die for i've heard that from friends and some cooks i've worked with

as for the rice crispies one we did something similar at my work as a special treat for the kids in camps and they all loved them!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:16 am 

Chocolate Caramel Squares

3/4 cup butter or margarine
4 - 2 1/2 oz. Mars Bars, cut in chunks
6 cups Cornflakes, crushed
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

1. In a large pot, partially melt butter or margarine.
2. Add chocolate bar chunks and melt over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth.
3. Pour Cornflakes into mixture and blend well.
4. Press into a 9"x13" pan.
5. Melt Chocolate chips and spread over top.
This recipe can also be made in the microwave.

Taken from "Aces: More Recipes from the Best of Bridge"
(Haven't tried it yet so can't comment on how good it is...sounds really rich!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:19 pm 

Hey Shairose,

Everyone loved the Mrs Bars Krispie Squares!! Thank you for the awesome recipe. Hopefully I will get around to trying the others..

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:46 am 

HI Ethansmom,

I finally got a chance to make Chocolate caramel squares and they were incredible!! ( I forgot to crush the cornflakes and so I only used 4 cups) I also cut them before they set as they would have been hard to cut once set. I used a smaller pan that 9X13 because I had not used full amount of cornflakes.

AWESOME recipe!! I took them to my son's valentines party and the kids just gobbled them up.

thanks again!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:48 am 
Site Admin

:freak

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb