You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:31 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: cosmetic products
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:32 am 

I thought I'd start a new thread in case people have cosmetic products they'd like to recommend.

I just bought this "grapefruit with aloe vera" facial cleanser (made by The Green Beaver Company) that I really like (mind you, I've only used it a few times so far). A little bit goes a long way so really the price isn't too bad.

It's 100% natural and good for sensitive skin--the ingredients are : water, cocamidopropyl betain (from coconut), vegetable glycerin, sodium lauroyl sarcosinate (from coconut), carrageenan, grapefruit extract, aloe vera extract, green tea leaf extract, lemon peel oil, grapefruit peel oil. The declare the source of everything except for the glycerin----I think glycerin *can* be derived from soy.

I love the scent---it really smells grapefruity. And you have to love the company's name + it is a Canadian company.

http://www.greenbeaver.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:08 pm 

Their products look interesting however given the use of shea butter in some of their products, I am guessing that cross contamination may be a concern if avoiding nuts.

I mentioned this question in another thread however I will pose it here too-does anyone know of skin care line where nut/peanuts or their derivatives are not used and there are no issues of cross contamination?

Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:31 am 

My daughter and I have recently tried the Gabrielle products including the eye shadow, lip liner, eye liner, eye shadow and blush. Neither of us have reacted and both allergic to nuts. There are some of there other products (foundation, lip gloss, lip stick, etc) that do have nuts but I imagine they are made separately as they are "wet" products vs. the dry ones we've purchased. Maybe I'm dreaming though. I think I'll call them on Monday if I get a chance. This is one of the only make up lines we've not reacted to.