Allergic Living Special Collector’s Issue: For Those With Allergies, A Therapy Revolution Is Coming
TORONTO, April 14, 2010 – In its 5th Anniversary issue, Allergic Living magazine looks 10 years ahead in a 20-page special section: “The Future of Allergies.”
From the front lines of research into food allergy, celiac disease and environmental allergies, Allergic Living’s journalists report that a therapy revolution is coming.
By the next decade, there will be therapies for food allergies and celiac disease – currently there is only food avoidance. And not just one treatment. If all goes to plan, there should be:
• A “Pednut” vaccine that tricks the immune system into accepting peanut.
• Chinese herbal tablets that would prevent allergic reactions or asthma attacks.
• A hypoallergenic peanut plant.
• A hypoallergenic cat.
• Desensitization clinics for peanut, milk and egg allergies.
• A celiac pill that stops gluten from penetrating the small intestine.
• The emergence of gluten-free wheat in the marketplace.
For more information about “The Future of Allergies” or to arrange an interview with Allergic Living Editor Gwen Smith, call Beth Sulman at 416-628-5602 or email@example.com 
Allergic Living is available by subscription (www.allergicliving.com ) and at Chapters bookstores,
Shoppers Drug Mart and London Drugs.
Other Media Releases: