Free of: Gluten and top allergens, except optional soy.
- 1 lb (0.450 kg) lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup (125 mL) water chestnuts, drained
- 1⁄4 cup (60 mL) green onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chili sauce (such as sambal oelek*)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) soy sauce [optional]
- Pinch of salt
- Vegetable oil for frying
* When using packaged ingredients, always carefully check labels for allergens.
- Place all ingredients other than beef in a food processor and pulse just until combined.
- In a large bowl, gently mix water chestnut mixture into beef.
- Using about 1 heaping tbsp for each, form beef into approximately 30 balls. Flatten slightly to make a 1⁄2-inch thick patty. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour.
- Heat 2 tbsp of vegetable oil in a frying pan. Cook beef patties until golden brown on each side, and cooked through.
- Serve warm with chili garlic dipping sauce.
Next page: Garlic Dipping Sauce