Free of: All top allergens, except wheat.
For gluten-free recipe, click here.
- 11⁄4 cup (295 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp (2.5 mL) cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup (60 mL) vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup (125 mL) brown sugar
- 2 eggs or 4 tbsp (60 mL) egg replacer
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen cranberries
- Pinch of salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, use a whisk to cream together oil and sugar. Stir in eggs, bananas and cranberries.
- Add wet ingredients to flour mix and combine. Pour into loaf pan and bake about 40 minutes, until a sharp knife inserted comes out clean.
- Turn loaf out onto cooling rack to cool. Slice and serve.
Recipe by Simon Clarke
Food photography by Chris Gonzaga
First published in Allergic Living magazine.
To order an issue or to subscribe, click here.
© Copyright AGW Publishing Inc.