Baby Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Posted By Allergic Living On 2010/07/02 @ 4:37 pm In Celiac, Gluten-free,DFCF,Eggs,Fish,Main Dishes,Milk/Dairy,Mustard,Other Legumes,Peanut,Sesame,Shellfish,Soy,Sulphites,Tree Nuts,Wheat | No Comments
Free of: Gluten and all top allergens.
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 bags baby spinach, pre-washed
- 1⁄2 cup (125 g) sun-dried tomatoes [if sulfite sensitive, use oven-roasted tomatoes]
- 1⁄2 cup (125 mL) dairy-free soft cheese alternative or goat cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, re-hydrate sun-dried tomatoes in enough hot water to cover. Leave for 15 minutes. (Skip if using sun-drieds packed in oil, or oven-roasted.)
- Wash and dry chicken breasts. Season well with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Drain sun-dried tomatoes and slice thinly. Combine with goat cheese (or alternative), thyme, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a sauté pan, heat 2 tbsp water to simmer. Add spinach, cover and remove from heat. Cool spinach, drain and chop. Combine with cheese-tomato mixture.
- To stuff breasts, use a small, sharp knife. Carefully slide blade two-thirds deep into the thickest end of the breast, to create a pocket. Using a piping bag or a small spoon, insert one-sixth of cheese filling into each pocket. Leave room for pocket to close. Don’t overstuff.
- In a sauté pan, heat canola oil over medium heat. Sear chicken breasts on both sides until golden brown.
- Place breasts on a baking sheet. Roast in oven 12-15 minutes, until cooked.
Recipe by Simon Clarke
First published in Allergic Living magazine.
To subscribe and get the magazine at your door, click here .
Article printed from Allergic Living: http://allergicliving.com
URL to article: http://allergicliving.com/2010/07/02/main-chicken-breasts-spinach-stuffed/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://allergicliving.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Baby-Spinach-Stuffed-Chicken-Breasts.jpg
 here: http://allergicliving.com/subscribe.asp
Click here to print.