Free of: All top allergens and gluten-free.
Requires: 8-10 metal or wooden skewers (soak wooden skewers for 2-4 hours before using)
- 4 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh ginger, minced
- 4 lime leaves*
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded, finely minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- Pinch of salt
- Combine chicken and all other ingredients in a large bowl. Marinate for 15-20 minutes.
- Pre-heat barbecue on high.
- Remove chicken from marinade and thread onto skewers.
Cook for 2-3 minutes per side until cooked through.
- Transfer to serving platter, serve with dip and enjoy.
*Available fresh or frozen at Asian supermarkets.
- 1 cup (250 mL) plain yogurt [or soy yogurt for dairy-free]
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) candied ginger, finely diced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sweet chili sauce
- Zest of 2 limes
- 1⁄4 cup (60 mL) coriander leaves, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Stir together gently, place into a decorative bowl.
Recipe by Simon Clarke
Food photography by Chris Gonzaga
First published in Allergic Living magazine.
To subscribe, click here.