Zesty Orange Lamb Kebabs
Posted By Allergic Living On 2010/07/02 @ 4:47 pm In Celiac, Gluten-free,DFCF,Eggs,Fish,Grilling,Main Dishes,Milk/Dairy,Mustard,Other Legumes,Peanut,Sesame,Shellfish,Soy,Sulphites,Summer,Tree Nuts,Wheat | No Comments
Free of: All top allergens and gluten-free.
- 1 boneless leg of lamb (about 4 pounds), trimmed and cut into 11 ⁄ 2- to 2-inch cubes
- 2 cups (475 mL) fresh orange juice
- Zest of two oranges
- 1⁄2 cup (125 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp canned chipotle chilies, finely chopped [Look for sulphite-free brands.]
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 8-10 medium metal skewers
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 each, red and yellow pepper, sliced into 1-inch chunks
- 12 button mushrooms
- Place lamb in a large bowl.
- To make marinade, in a small bowl, whisk together all remaining ingredients. Add marinade to lamb. Refrigerate 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Pre-heat barbecue to medium-high. Meanwhile, remove lamb from marinade, and thread onto skewers, alternating with onion, pepper and mushrooms.
- Grill skewers for 8-10 minutes, turning frequently. Remove skewers and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
Recipe by Simon Clarke
First published in Allergic Living magazine,
To subscribe or order a back issue, click here .
© Copyright AGW Publishing Inc.
Article printed from Allergic Living: http://allergicliving.com
URL to article: http://allergicliving.com/2010/07/02/main-lamb-orange-kababs/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://allergicliving.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/web_Zesty-Orange-Lamb-Kebabs-270x330.jpg
 here: http://www.allergicliving.com/subscribe.asp
Click here to print.