- Allergic Living - http://allergicliving.com -
Posted By Allergic Living On 2010/07/02 @ 4:50 pm In Celiac, Gluten-free,Christmas, Hanukkah,DFCF,Eggs,Fall,Fish,Main Dishes,Milk/Dairy,Mustard,Other Legumes,Peanut,Sesame,Shellfish,Soy,Sulphites,Thanksgiving,Tree Nuts,Wheat,Winter | No Comments
Free of: All top allergens, except egg (alternative suggested) and gluten-free.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a skillet, sauté onions and garlic in vegetable oil until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
3. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients including cooled onion and garlic. Mix well with your hands and divide into 6 equal portions. Mould into dome-shaped rounds and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
4. Place in oven for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through.
5. Serve with cabbage bundles and Quick Tomato Sauce (below).
Quick Tomato Sauce
Free of: All top allergens.
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, sauté until soft.
2. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, salt and pepper and cook for a further 10 minutes.
3. Let cool and, in a food processor, purée until smooth.
4. Ladle over meatloaf.
Recipe by Simon Clarke
Food photography, Chris Gonzaga
First published in Allergic Living magazine, Winter 2008. To order that issue or to subscribe, click here .
Article printed from Allergic Living: http://allergicliving.com
URL to article: http://allergicliving.com/index.php/2010/07/02/main-turkey-meatloaf/
URLs in this post:
 here: http://www.allergicliving.com/features.asp?copy_id=24
Copyright © 2010 Allergic Living. All rights reserved.