Makes 4 adult servings as a main or 6 portions if accompanying other dishes.
Free of: All top allergens and gluten-free.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts cooked and diced
- 1 bunch blanched asparagus tips*
- 2 cups blanched sugar snaps*
- 1 cup celery coarsely chopped
- 1 cup carrots coarsely chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1 cup chopped radishes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup fresh herb vinaigrette
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Cook chicken breasts in roasting pan for 15 – 18 minutes until juices run clear. Remove to cooling rack, let stand to cool.
- Blanche asparagus tips and sugar snaps (*see Technique below).
- In a bowl, soak apricots and raisins in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain and air cool.
- In a large bowl, combine asparagus, sugar snaps, celery, carrots, tomatoes, radishes.
- Halve cooled apricots, then add apricots and raisins to other ingredients.
- Dice chicken and add to other ingredients.
- Toss salad with Herb Vinaigrette and serve over fresh salad greens.
Blanching (or par boiling) – In this instance, blanching means the complete cooking of the asparagus and sugar snaps. To do so, add the vegetables to boiling water and cook until just tender. Remove to a bowl of iced water (this stops the cooking and retains the vibrant colours). Once cooled, drain and continue with recipe.
By Food Editor Simon Clarke
First published in Allergic Living magazine. All rights reserved.
To subscribe or order a back issue, click here.