Serves 4 as a main or 6 as an appetizer
Free of: All top allergens and gluten-free.
- 8 vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh black olives, pitted
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Slice tomatoes and arrange on serving plate or platter.
- In a blender, combine olives and oil. Purée just until combined (do not over-blend).
- Spoon olive mixture over tomatoes, season with freshly ground pepper.
- Garnish with basil and serve.
First published in Allergic Living magazine. To subscribe or order a back issue, click here .