For the Canadian school hub, click here .
U.S. School Accommodations Rights Materials:
- Know Your Rights at School 
- Know Your Rights at College
- Federal 504 Plan  information 
- 7 Mistakes to Avoid When Advocating at a 504 Meeting 
- CDC’s Voluntary Guidelines for Managing Food Allergies  in Schools and Early Care Programs
- Does Your School District Need: A Food Allergy Task Force? 
- Lesley U. Decision: Victory for Allergy, Celiac Access 
- AAFA on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA )
- FAAMA – Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Management Act : expert explains the federal act.
- AAFA’s Annual Report: State of Asthma and Allergy Policies for Schools .
Food Allergy/Anaphylaxis Action Plans
- AAAAI’s Anaphylaxis Emergency Action Plan
FARE’s Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Emergency Care Plan 
FARE’s Authorization of Emergency Treatment  Form
National Assn of School Nurses’ Anaphylaxis Provision of Care  documents
Asthma Action Plans
- AAFA’s Student Asthma Action Card 
- American Academy of Family Physicians Asthma Action Plan 
State anaphylaxis laws, policies and guidelines:
In addition to the federal FAAMA, several states have published (or are about to publish) statewide school food allergy guidelines.Click here for the list.
Allergic Living Allergy, Celiac School Tools, Posters:
- Six That Save Lives , our popular anaphylaxis emergency poster.
- I Am A Child with Food Allergies & Talking Food Allergies , Free anaphylaxis awareness poster.
- It’s Off (Gulp) to Kindergarten with Food Allergies 
- Managing Dairy Allergy in School 
- Excluding the Treats, Not the Allergic Child at School
- Help Schools ‘Get’ Food Allergies  – understanding the importance of food allergy awareness in the classroom.
- Off to College , with Food Allergies, Celiac Disease.
- Comparing Colleges Chart  – Comparing the food allergy and celiac practices of 25 universities across the United States.
- See our full school section here .
Other Top Food Allergy, Celiac Learning Resources:
- National Assn of School Nurses’ Saving Lives at School Connection Cards  + Nurses’ Handbook
- FARE e-learning for teachers: Allergyready.com 
- Allergy Home’s Food Allergies in School: What Staff Need to Know 
- NFCA’s Gluten-Free College Student Toolkit 
- FARE’s Managing Food Allergies in the Cafeteria 
- National Jewish Health video: School & Asthma Risks 
See Also – From the Allergic Living Archive:
- Food in the Classroom 
- Teens and Kissing with Food Allergies 
- Sabrina’s Law  – Award-winning article on girl who inspired anaphylaxis law.
- A Nutty Tale  – Sabrina’s radio documentary.
- Who’s Watching Lunch at School? 
- Beware the September Asthma Spike 
- Food Allergy and the Risky Teenage Years 
Next page: Individual state laws, policies and guidelines
State anaphylaxis laws, policies and guidelines:
Massachusetts, Connecticut (law), Mississippi, New Jersey (law), New York (law), Tennessee (law), Texas (law) Vermont (law), Washington, Arizona, West Virginia, Colorado (law), Missouri, Illinois and Ohio. Below are links to those guidelines; plus other regional anaphylaxis policies.
- Arizona state guidelines – Supporting Children with Life Threatening Food Allergies: School Resource 
- California – Sect. 49414 of the state Education Code 
California State PTA Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis in Schools Resolution ;  Helpful California school resources via the San Diego Food Allergy support group
- Colorado law – Senate Bill 226: School Children’s Asthma and Anaphylaxis Health Management Act 
- Connecticut law – Act Concerning Food Allergies and the Prevention of Life-threatening Incidents in Schools. 
Guidelines for Managing Life-Threatening Food Allergies  in Connecticut. Schools, resulting from the law.
Connecticut law – Act Concerning the Use of Anaphylaxis Medical Devices while at School 
- Delaware – Law – Senate Bill 257  – The ability to assist in the administration of medications to students.
- District of Columbia – Law – The Healthy School Fund , Health & Wellness Public School Policies 
- Florida Department of Education Bill 1131 – Emergency Allergy Treatment 
- Georgia – Law – House Bill 337  – Use and administration of Epinephrine in Schools
- Idaho – Department of Education & Child Nutrition Programs (CNP) Special Dietary Needs Guidelines 
- Illinois Food Allergy Guidelines:  school boards required to implement policies based on these guidelines.
- Aug. 2011 – Illinois passes law allowing schools to stock and use epinephrine auto-injector .
- Indiana – Food Allergy Book  reference for Teachers & Students , Team Nutrition – Food Allergy Guidelines 
- Kansas epinephrine law – House Bill 2008: Administration and Maintenance of Epinephrine in Schools 
- Kentucky – School Health Services Guidlines 2010
- Maryland law – House Bill 26: Public Schools – Children with Anaphylactic Allergies:Reduction of Risk .
- Massachussetts doesn’t have law, but guidelines are among the best – Managing Life Threatening Food Allergies in School 
- Michigan – Law – Senate Bill 233: proposed amendment to the Revised School Code 
- Mississippi Senate Bill 2218 – Asthma and Anaphylaxis Child Safety Act 
- Missouri law – School Allergy Policy Law  ; 2012 Guidlines 
- Nebraska – Rule 59  – Regulations for school health and safety
- New Hampshire – Technical Advisory  for ashma and allergy medicatons in schools.
- New Jersey law – Anaphylaxis Law and Guidelines for Schools 
- New York State law – Allergy and Anaphylaxis Management Act of 2007 , and the 2008 guidelines . New York State medication authorization  form.
- New Mexico – individualized health care plan, IHP . Senate Bill 528  – Amending School Discipline Policy of student self-administration of certain medications.
- Ohio – Leglislation  that simply requires schools to have a food allergy policy; food allergy policy requirements and guidance .
- Oregon – Senate Bill 611  – Policies to aquire and use epinephrine for emergy use on students.
- Pennsylvania – House Bill 1148: proposed Dept. of Education Wellness Policy .
- Rhode Island law – Sect. 18: Rules & Regulations (2009) for School Health Programs .
- Tennessee law – Brentson’s Law 
- Texas state-wide law  became effective Sept. 1, 2011.
- Vermont law – Act 158: An Act Relating to Life-Threatening Allergies  & Chronic Diseases in Schools. and DOE guidelines .
- AAFA’s description of Vermont model .
- Virginia – Loudoun County Public Schools  excellent policy: Caring for Students with Food Allergies in School.
- Washington law – Legislation requiring uniform allergy and asthma prevention and training .
- West Virginia Dept. of Education guidelines for food allergies. 
- Wisconsin guidelines  on food allergy and anaphylaxis.