Free of: All top allergens and gluten-free.
Chef’s Note: Guaranteed to wow: a robust, sensational soup that happens to be good for you.
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, diced
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 2 tbsp cilantro leaves
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 1/2 cups (600 mL) chicken stock [Look for allergen-free brand]
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Add all ingredients, except olive oil, to a large bowl. Stir thoroughly.
- Spoon into a blender in batches; pulse each batch until smooth.
- Chill soup for 30 minutes to one hour.
- Serve soup in chilled soup bowls. Finish with a drizzle of olive oil.
If you like this recipe, try the Chilled Watermelon Soup  (pictured).
Recipe by Simon Clarke
First published in Allergic Living magazine.
To order that issue or to subscribe, click here .