Free of: Gluten and top allergens, except dairy (alternative suggested); soy is optional.
- 3 bunches fresh asparagus
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter or alternative (e.g. Earth Blend)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fresh ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) wheat-free Tamari sauce [optional]
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Wash and trim asparagus.
- In a medium sauté pan, melt butter or alternative. Add ginger, garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add Tamari sauce and pepper and keep warm on very low heat.
- In a large skillet, heat 4 cups (1 L) water to a boil. Cook asparagus until tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- Drain well, transfer to platter, drizzle with ginger mixture. Serve.
Recipe by Simon Clarke
First published in Allergic Living magazine.
To order the magazine, click here.