Free of: All top allergens except sulphites (red wine vinegar) and gluten-free.
- 1 red cabbage, quartered, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 2 green apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) onion, finely chopped
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) red wine vinegar (Substitution: rice vinegar)
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) honey
- 1 tsp (5 mL) caraway seeds (Optional)
- In a large skillet or dutch oven, sautée bacon over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in cabbage and all other ingredients.
- Cover pan and reduce heat to medium. Cook for one hour, or until cabbage is soft.
- Serve at once.
Recipe by Simon Clarke
First published in Allergic Living magazine.
To order an issue or to subscribe, click here.
© Copyright AGW Publishing Inc.