Free of: All top allergens and gluten-free.
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 4 medium carrots, diced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup (60 mL) parsley, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cups (1.5 L) chicken stock [look for gluten-free, allergen-free brands.]
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- rice – prepare 2 cups (when uncooked) of your favourite rice or rice blend. (We chose wild rice with long grain white.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook chicken breasts 12-15 minutes or until done. Remove and allow to rest. Dice.
- In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté 2-4 minutes, until golden. Add garlic, carrots, celery and bay leaf, continuing to sauté for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and simmer over low heat 10-12 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in chicken, cooked rice and parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Suggestion: This wholesome soup can be refrigerated, then reheated (don’t boil) and ladled into a Thermos.
Recipe by Simon Clarke
First published in Allergic Living magazine.
To order an issue or to subscribe, click here.
© Copyright AGW Publishing Inc.