Free of: Most top allergens and gluten-free. Contains fish and mustard.
Chef’s Note: Fish and mustard are top allergens but, for those who aren’t allergic to them, this recipe makes a superb patio main.
- 1 cedar barbecue plank, about 12″ x 6″ (soaked in water overnight)
- 1 kg (2.2 lb) filet fresh salmon, skin on
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) grainy mustard [Look for g-free brands]
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) maple syrup
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh thyme, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon zest
- In a small bowl, stir together mustard, maple syrup, thyme and lemon zest.
- Spread marinade over top of salmon. Marinate in fridge at least one hour (or overnight for enhanced flavour).
- To cook, heat barbecue to medium-high. Place salmon on cedar plank, then place plank n heated grill.
- Barbecue 12-15 minutes, until cooked. Remove from heat.
- Serve salmon either cooled to room temperature, or hot off the grill.