- Asthma Nation: There’s an asthma crisis in Canada. We have one of the highest incidences of asthma in the world, and the highest incidence by far is in kids, especially boys. As well, over half of asthmatics don’t have the disease under control. Allergic Living investigates the crisis.
- Silent Celiac:  Some people have so few symptoms that they don’t even realize gluten is a problem. But stealthily, damage is being done.
- The Bully’s Target: Kids with food allergies are the newest targets of bullying. Here’s why they get singled out – and what we can all do to make school a safe haven.
- Currents: The CNRC’s experts explain why asthma meds must be accessible at school and the importance of the flu shot. Plus: the role of Vitamin D.
- This Allergic Life:Millionaire pro sports team owner Ted Leonsis reveals what it’s like to juggle severe allergies with an on-the-go lifestyle.
- Modern Times:Try one of Chef Simon’s twists on autumn flavours, including braised chicken in apple cider and beet chips with chipotle aioli.
- Ask the Allergists: Questions on: adult sensitization, visiting the ocean with fish allergy and controlling asthma.
- Allergy News: “May contain” labelling news, the myth of the hypoallergenic dog, and more.
- Healthy Home: Insulation that’s irritant-, mold- and carcinogen-free.
- Celiac Expert: Shelley Case on why pulses are nutritional powerhouses – and ideal for those on a gluten-free diet.
- Gluten-free Girl: Shauna James Ahern reveals how she got over her fear of restaurants – and how you can, too.
- Gluten-free Goddess: Karina Allrich turns your home into a bakeshop. Recipes: Baked Donuts; Apple-Pear Muffins; Pumpkin Cornbread.
- Hot Topics: Laurie Harada is preparing her son – and herself – for university.
- Ask the Dermatologist: Dr. Sandy Skotnicki-Grant on the itchiest eczema.
- Natural Beauty: Makeup bag essentials that will take you from day through night.
- My Story: A teen learns about dating with allergies the hard way.
- Allergic Diva: Pamela tracks down allergy-friendly products for renos and redecorating.
- Hot Stuff: Halloween treats that are scary and safe.
BUY THIS ISSUE