- Allergic Living - http://allergicliving.com -
Allergy-friendly School Snacks
Posted By Allergic Living On 2011/08/18 @ 2:03 pm In Food Allergy,School and Allergies, Asthma | No Comments
All kids hate to feel different and just want to fit in. So imagine how your allergic student feels when his teacher wants to give out treats during an activity, celebration or party, but has nothing for the child with allergies.
Indie Candy to the rescue! The Alabama-based company, which ships to the U.S. and Canada, has created a “Back to School Allergy-Free Bucket” that will please parents, teachers and students alike. (One of Allergic Living’s contributors said she would have given her right arm for this product when her child was in elementary school.) Each box includes cookies, gummies and lollipops, and can be customized for your child’s specific allergies. Click here  for more info (and see picture, below).
But what about everyday snacks to send in your allergic child’s lunch box? We’re thrilled to report that allergy-friendly cookies have come a loooong way in recent years. As in, they’re delicious, and in most cases, you really can’t tell that you’re not eating butter, flour, milk, eggs, etc. A few examples:
• Home Free’s  delectable little cookies, include chocolate chip, vanilla and oatmeal varieties, all of which are free of peanuts, tree nuts, dairy, eggs. Some flavors are gluten-free, too.
• Our taste-testers give high marks to Dr. Lucy’s  selection of cookies. The Sugar Cookies, for example, are made without peanuts, nuts, wheat flour, milk or eggs – but your taste buds won’t be able to tell! (FYI, they do contain soy and oats.)
• Enjoy Life’s Crunchy Cookies . They’re gluten-free, free of the top eight allergens, and also made without casein, potato, sesame and sulfites. Of course, your kids will just like how tasty they are.
• Muffin bars will make your child the envy of the other kids in class. New from Ange-Gardien , free of most top allergens (contain soy), and in dynamic Intense Chocolate, Rasperry and Banana Chocolate flavors.
• We’d be remiss if we didn’t mention the cookies by Sweet Alexis.  Mmmm, chocolate chip – but free of dairy, egg, tree nut and peanut.
• Also new and impressive for Canadian customers are Tho’z Barz . These are moist and delicious, allergy-friendly snack bars. Organic and farm fresh. They don’t contain wheat, they do have oats.
Article printed from Allergic Living: http://allergicliving.com
URL to article: http://allergicliving.com/index.php/2011/08/18/allergy-friendly-school-snacks/
URLs in this post:
 here: http://www.indiecandy.com/product-p/24.htm
 Image: http://allergicliving.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/IndieCandyBackToSchool.jpg
 • Home Free’s: http://www.homefreetreats.com/t-homefreeourtreats.aspx
 Dr. Lucy’s: http://www.drlucys.com/cookies
 Enjoy Life’s Crunchy Cookies: http://www.enjoylifefoods.com/our_foods/crunchy_cookies.html
 Ange-Gardien: http://www.alimentsangegardien.com/guardianangelfoods/food-allergies/productscategories.php?categorie=1
 Sweet Alexis.: http://sweetalexis.com/index.php?view=products&catId=2&parentId=0
 Tho’z Barz: http://thozbarz.ca/index.php/welcome/page/3
Copyright © 2010 Allergic Living. All rights reserved.