- Allergic Living - http://allergicliving.com -
Show Support for Food Allergy Awareness in 2012
Posted By Allergic Living On 2012/05/02 @ 12:03 pm In NewsFlash - Allergy | No Comments
• In the United States: This year’s Food Allergy Awareness Week takes place May 13 to 19.
To honor this special week, so far 10 states have issued proclamations supporting the event. The Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network (FAAN) hopes to top last year’s 32 states.
Erica Andert, mom of a 6-year old with food allergies, took the initiative to send a letter to the governor of Indiana. And she got action; the governor signed the proclamation. “If even one person sees and realizes the impact food allergies can have, then asking for awareness in Indiana was well worth it,” she says.
- Visit FAAN’s website  for a sample proclamation to send to your governor.
- Have you sent a letter to your governor? Let us know on Facebook .
* In Canada, May is Food Allergy Awareness Month.
- Anaphylaxis Canada is seeking nominations for “Difference Makers”, people who have improved the lives of those with food allergies. Nominate someone at: www.anaphylaxis.ca .
- The EpiPen Take Action Event is a series of fun, family walk/runs organized in support of the Allergy/Asthma Information Association.
This year, the events take place:
Saturday, May 5 – Ottawa
Saturday, May 12 – Winnipeg
Saturday, May 12 – Brooklin, Ont. (north of Whitby)
Saturday, May 26 – Windsor, Ont.
Sunday, May 27 – Mississauga
For more information on participating or donating, click here .
A substantial portion of the money raised at the events goes to the Canadian Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Foundation (CAIFF) in support of allergy research and patient education.
Article printed from Allergic Living: http://allergicliving.com
URL to article: http://allergicliving.com/index.php/2012/05/02/support-food-allergy-awareness-in-2012/
URLs in this post:
 website: http://www.foodallergy.org/section/food-allergy-awareness-week11
 Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/allergicliving
 www.anaphylaxis.ca: http://www.anaphylaxis.ca/en/media/hot_topics.html?news_id=17
 here: https://aaia.raiseapp.ca
Copyright © 2010 Allergic Living. All rights reserved.