Free of: All top allergens and gluten-free
- 4 cups (950 mL) fresh spinach, lightly steamed
- 2 cups (475 mL) fresh arugula
- 1 English cucumber, halved lengthwise, de-seeded and sliced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 ⁄2 cup (125 mL) fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 cups (725 mL) vegetable stock [Look for allergy- and gluten-free brands.]
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Set aside 1 ⁄2 cup (125 mL) of the sliced cucumber.
- In an large mixing bowl, combine all other ingredients. Purée in a blender (in batches) until smooth.
- Transfer to a glass bowl and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Remove from fridge, adjust seasoning if required. Serve in chilled bowls.
- Garnish with reserved cucumber. Also attractive garnish: edible flowers.
Recipe by Simon Clarke
First published in Allergic Living magazine.
To order the magazine, click here .