Free of: Gluten and all top allergens
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) curry paste [Look for allergen-free brands]
- 1 tsp (5 mL) coriander seeds, ground
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small sweet onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups (720 mL) carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp (10 mL) orange zest
- 1 cup (250 mL) orange juice
- 4 cups (1 litre) chicken stock [Look for allergen-free, GF brands]
- Salt and pepper
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add curry paste and coriander, stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic, onion, carrots and zest. Continue to cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring often.
- Pour in orange juice, stock and add salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes until carrots are tender.
- Puree soup in blender until smooth. Stir in more stock if too thick. Allow to cool slightly.
- Using a funnel, pour soup into shooter glasses and serve.
Recipe by Simon Clarke
First published in Allergic Living magazine.
To order an issue or to subscribe, click here.