Crispy Duck Breast with Orange Sauce
Posted By Simon Clarke On 2012/12/06 @ 3:05 pm In Celiac, Gluten-free,Christmas, Hanukkah,Eggs,Fish,Main Dishes,Milk/Dairy,Mustard,Other Legumes,Peanut,Sesame,Shellfish,Soy,Sulphites,Tree Nuts,Wheat,Winter | No Comments
Free of: Gluten and top allergens
- 2 large duck breasts
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups (475 mL) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 cups (475 mL) chicken stock [Look for allergen-free, gluten-free brand]
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Using a sharp knife, score the fat of each duck breast in a criss-cross formation. Season duck on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Sear duck, fat side down 4-6 minutes, then cook for same time on other side, until golden brown and cooked through. Remove duck to a plate to rest.
- For the sauce: heat remaining 1 tbsp of oil in a medium saucepan. Add shallots and garlic. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add orange juice, stock and cornstarch. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, until liquid has reduced by half and thickened.
- Slice duck thinly and arrange on a platter as your elegant food centerpiece. Drizzle with orange sauce and serve.
Recipe by Simon Clarke
First published in Allergic Living magazine.
To get the magazine delivered to your home, click here .
Article printed from Allergic Living: http://allergicliving.com
URL to article: http://allergicliving.com/2012/12/06/crispy-duck-breast-with-orange-sauce/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://allergicliving.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Crispy-Duck-Breast-with-Orange-Sauce-2.jpg
 here: http://allergicliving.com/subscribe.asp
Click here to print.