Thai-Style Rice Rolls
Posted By Simon Clarke On 2013/03/13 @ 3:59 pm In Allergy Safe Recipes,Eggs,Fall,Fish,GF Lunches,Lunches,Milk/Dairy,Mustard,Other Legumes,Peanut,Sesame,Shellfish,Soy,Spring,Sulphites,Summer,Tree Nuts,Wheat | No Comments
Free of: All gluten and all top allergens.
- 20 5-inch rice paper rounds
- 1 lb (450 g) pork tenderloin, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp Asian-style chili sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 iceberg lettuce
- 1 apple, cut into thin strips
- 1 large carrot, cut into 3-inch thin strips
- 1 red pepper, seeded, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mint leaves, shredded
- In a bowl, toss together pork, garlic, ginger and chili sauce. Cover and refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add olive oil, and sauté pork 3-4 minutes until cooked. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl of warm water, submerge each rice paper round for 1 minute, until pliable. Lay rounds next to each other on a damp, clean cloth.
- Almost cover each round with layer of iceberg lettuce. Then put a small amount of pork mixture onto each. Top with a few pieces of apple, carrot, pepper and mint.
- Fold in ends of each round, roll up from bottom end to form a tight cylinder.
- Halve and arrange on a platter. Serve with the dipping sauce.
Sweet and Sour Dip Ingredients
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 seasoned rice wine vinegar (look for a sulphite-free brands)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 red chili, deseeded and finely diced
- 6 Thai basil leaves, finely chopped
- Combine oil, vinegar and
sugar. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add chili and basil.
Recipe by Simon Clarke
Article printed from Allergic Living: http://allergicliving.com
URL to article: http://allergicliving.com/2013/03/13/thai-style-rice-rolls/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://allergicliving.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Thai-Style-Rice-Rolls.jpg
Click here to print.