Free of: gluten and all top allergens
- 2 8 oz (227 g) packages gluten-free rice or quinoa spaghetti*
- 1 two-inch thick slice of bresaola* or pancetta, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 cups (475 mL) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) capers, rinsed
- 1 cup (250 mL) olives, pitted
- 1 cup (250 mL) purple basil
- 2 large handfuls of arugula
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta in salted water, per instructions. Set aside.
- Place bresaola or pancetta in a large sauté pan. Cook 2-4 minutes over medium-high heat until golden brown.
- Add onion and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Place tomatoes, capers and olives into pan, sautéing and stirring 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add basil and arugula and cooked pasta to the mixture. Toss together well.
- Serve in bowls, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
We used GoGo Quinoa spaghetti;
bresaola is a cured beef product similar to pancetta.
For vegetarian: omit meat and replace with ¼ cup (60 mL) olive oil.
Recipe by Simon Clarke
First published in Allergic Living magazine.
To order that issue or to subscribe, click here .
© Copyright AGW Publishing Inc.