- Allergic Living - http://allergicliving.com -
Cool Things to do for Celiac Awareness Month
Posted By Allergic Living On 2013/05/01 @ 5:10 pm In Celiac Disease | No Comments
May is Celiac Awareness Month, and events are happening across North America to raise funds for research, spread awareness, and support special programs for people with the autoimmune disease.
Check out Allergic Living’s roundup of celiac disease events taking place in May 2013:
Jenna Drew, aka Miss New Jersey International 2013, will be hosting an online auction on her website, with all proceeds going to benefit the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness (NFCA). Items up for grabs include:
• Trip for two to the 2014 Super Bowl
• Family Trip for Four to Disney World – four days and three nights
• Tickets for the Country Music Awards
• 2014 Masters Golf Tournament Experience
This travelling celiac expo stops in Philly on May 18. Admission is $10, but children under 10 enter for free. Meet medical experts and watch a cooking demonstration on the Rudi’s Gluten Free Bakery Stage, while sampling gluten-free products from dozens of local and national companies.
Making Tracks for Celiacs is an annual 5K walk/run to raise funds for celiac research, awareness and programs. The proceeds are split so that 75 percent goes to support research and national initiatives, while the remaining 25 percent will support local communities throughout the USA. Sign up and join this 12th annual fundraising event!
|May 4||Hoover Metropolitan Stadium, Birmingham, AL|
|May 4||Holy Family Catholic High School, Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN|
|May 11||Clarence Town Park, Buffalo, NY|
|May 19||University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD|
|May 19||Edsel and Elanor Ford House, Tri-County, MI|
Each Monday this May, the Canadian Celiac Association is partnering with Turtle Jack’s Muskoka Grill for their Right to Safe Food fundraiser. After downloading a coupon from the CCA’s website, participants can bring it to a participating Turtle Jack’s location and have 25 percent of their bill donated to the CCA’s Right to Safe Food program.
Click here for more information 
Hosted by the Teens Living with Celiac Foundation, all proceeds from this event will go to NFCA. The event includes a full course gluten-free dinner, fashion show, DJ, raffle, bar and a special guest speaker.
So Delicious Dairy Free will donate $1 to NFCA for every Facebook like they receive during Celiac Awareness Month, up to $5,000. So get liking!
Anchor Baptist Church is hosting their 7th annual gluten-free food fair in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Admission and parking are free, and a variety of gluten-free products will be available for purchase. On top of the vendors, participants can register for conferences to learn more about celiac disease and living gluten-free.
Laura Hahn, winner of NBC’s “Next Local TV Chef”, will reveal her secrets to gluten-free cooking. In two hours, participants will learn how to make an entire Vietnamese meal that’s both delicious and gluten-free.
The Edmonton Chapter of the Canadian Celiac Associationare hosting their annual “Louisiana Purchase” fundraising dinner, one of the most popular celiac events for the chapter. For less than $40, attendees receive a three-course meal, deliciously free of gluten. In order to attend, registration is required before Wednesday, May 22 at 3 p.m., and no late registrations will be accepted.
Article printed from Allergic Living: http://allergicliving.com
URL to article: http://allergicliving.com/index.php/2013/05/01/12-things-to-do-for-celiac-awareness-month/
URLs in this post:
 Click here for more information: http://www.glutenfreejenna.com/online-silent-auction-benefiting-the-national-foundation-of-celiac-awareness/
 Click here for more information and to register: http://celiacawarenesstour.com/events/?event_id=157
 Click here for more information: http://www.celiaccentral.org/community/upcoming-events/making-tracks-for-celiacs-9439/
 Click here for more information: http://www.celiac.ca/index.php/mondays-in-may/
 Click here for more information or to register: http://teenslivingwithceliac.org/catwalk-for-celiac/
 So Delicious Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/sodeliciousdairyfree
 Click here for more information: http://www.experiencegr.com/includes/events/index.cfm?action=displayDetail&eventid=32127
 Click here for more information and to purchase tickets: http://www.greensgrow.org/event/undercover-gluten-free-vietnamese-cuisine/
 Click here for more information: http://www.celiacedmonton.ca/ai1ec_event/2013-louisiana-purchase-dinner/?instance_id=2392
Copyright © 2010 Allergic Living. All rights reserved.