Citrus Steak Salad
- 2 strip loin steaks
- 2 heads Boston lettuce, washed
- 1 large carrot, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 2 oranges, segmented, juice reserved
- ¼ cup (60 mL) fresh mint leaves, torn
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup (60 mL) olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Steak without the heaviness. Indulge in this perfect patio salad with its note of citrus.
Makes: 4-6 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
- Heat barbecue to medium-high. Rub steaks with a little olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook steaks for 4-6 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Set aside to rest and cool.
- Segment oranges over a small bowl. Reserve the juice in bowl.
- Spread out lettuce leaves on a platter. Top with carrot, red onion slices, orange segments and mint.
- To make dressing, whisk together reserved orange juice, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Slice steaks thinly and place onto salad. Drizzle dressing over salad and serve.
Recipe first published in Allergic Living magazine. Subscribe today for more great allergy-friendly and gluten free recipes