Asparagus with Ginger Butter
- 3 bunches fresh asparagus
- 2 tbsp butter alternative (e.g. Earth Balance)
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp wheat-free Tamari sauce (optional)
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
Makes: 4-6 servings
Free of: gluten and top allergens (soy, in Tamari, is optional)
- Wash and trim asparagus.
- In a medium sauté pan, melt butter or alternative. Add ginger, garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add Tamari sauce and pepper and keep warm on very low heat.
- In a large skillet, heat 4 cups (1 L) water to a boil. Cook asparagus until tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- Drain well, transfer to platter, drizzle with ginger mixture. Serve.
Recipe first published in Allergic Living magazine. Subscribe today for more great allergy-friendly and gluten free recipes