Search Results for: allergy-tragedy
Shahida Shahid, 18, informed restaurant staff of her severe food allergies and they assured her that her meal was safe.
Thirteen-year-old Natalie Giorgi was camping with a group of families in Sacramento, California when she ate a single bite of a Rice Krispies square. The peanut-allergic teen thought it tasted “funny”, and spat it out. The taste turned out to be peanut butter. At first Natalie didn’t show any symptoms and her mother gave her […]
We’re saddened to report that three young people have died from anaphylactic reactions in the past two months.
Update January 2013: Many Allergic Living readers expressed concern about the death in prison of Michael Saffioti, a Washington State man with severe dairy allergy and asthma. In early January, the Snohomish County Prosecutor made the decision not to lay any charges, based on a 400-page report compiled by the County Sherriff’s Office. The report […]
The shocking deaths of two teens provide clues to what goes wrong in fatal food allergy reactions. [From the Summer 2006 edition of Allergic Living.] WHEN news surfaced that 15-year-old Christina Desforges of Saguenay, Quebec, had died of what appeared to be an anaphylactic reaction to a kiss from a boyfriend who had eaten a […]