Search Results for: anaphylaxis-death
Teen Scott Johnson ate pancakes believing they were dairy-free. After eating he suffered deadly anaphylaxis.
The parents of Natalie Giorgi, who died of an anaphylactic reaction to a bite of peanut, have filed a wrongful death lawsuit.
Thirteen-year-old Natalie Giorgi was camping with a group of families in Sacramento, California on July 27, 2013 when she ate a single bite of a Rice Krispies square. The peanut-allergic teen thought it tasted “funny”, and spat it out. The taste turned out to be peanut butter. At first Natalie didn’t show any symptoms and […]
Update January 2013: Many Allergic Living readers expressed concern about the death in prison of Michael Saffioti, a Washington State man with severe dairy allergy and asthma. In early January, the Snohomish County Prosecutor made the decision not to lay any charges, based on a 400-page report compiled by the County Sherriff’s Office. The report […]
Originally published in Allergic Living’s Spring 2005 edition. In the radio documentary she made, Sabrina Shannon, just shy of 10, holds the microphone in front of her mother and asks what it’s like to have a daughter with allergies. Then she adds: “Do you think I’m beautiful?” With mock earnestness, Sara Shannon replies, “I think […]