For the complete directory of states and colleges, click here.
- Doctor’s note with medical documentation required for accommodations?
Yes. But for meal plan accommodations, students are accommodated directly through Dining Services, and student health, when indicated.
- Paperwork filed with disabilities office required for accommodations?
Yes, for housing accommodations.
- Food allergy fair or similar event at start of year?
- Dietitian or dining services staff available for a meeting before applying?
- Is ingredient or allergen information onsite/online?
Yes, menu boards include alerts for top 8 allergens and gluten in Bruff Commons (dining hall) and Bruff to Go.
- Dining staff trained regularly on food allergy, celiac disease, cross-contact?
Yes, HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) training is completed by staff.
- Pre-made allergy-friendly meals available?
- Ingredient substitutions available?
- Separate utensils and separate area in kitchen for
food allergy/celiac orders?
Yes. Meals made in dietary kitchen are free of Top 8 allergens and made with color-coded purple equipment.
- All dining halls able to accommodate allergies, gluten-free diet?
Yes, staff work to accommodate student’s needs to the best of abilities.
- All retail sites able to accommodate allergies, gluten-free diet?
No. Hope to provide some GF options in the LBC (retail dining area) by the end of 16-17 school year. Campus convenience store does provide GF foods.
- Area on housing form to indicate food allergies/celiac disease?
- Resident Assistants trained on allergic reactions, auto-injector administration?
No, prefer that RAs do not administer medicine.
- On-campus residence required in first year?
Two-year residency requirement.
- Meal plans required if in on-campus housing?
- Possible to group food allergy students as roommates?
No, do not collect food allergy information.
- Microwaves/mini-fridge allowed in rooms?
Yes. Mini-fridge with attached microwave provided in all residence hall rooms.
- Room with kitchenette available, even if freshman?
Depends. Have apartments with kitchens for upperclass; first-year students considered if it is an accommodation.