The Teal Pumpkin Project
Our friends at Food Allergy Research and Education (FARE) are encouraging everyone to raise awareness of food allergies by painting your pumpkins teal (the color of food allergy awareness) and handing out non-food treats for trick-or-treaters to ensure everyone has an allergy-friendly Halloween.
- Learn all about the program and how you can take part and support the project here.
- Download a copy of FARE’s Teal Pumpkin Project posters, pumpkin stencil and fun kids activities here.
- Meet Becky Basalone, the woman who started the teal concept on her Tennessee porch.
Safe Treats and Food-Free Fun
- Food-free toys and treats ideas.
- Allergic Living’s 2017 allergy-friendly Halloween candy list.
- Safe and Spooky Halloween party ideas by No Nut Traveler Lianne Mandelbaum here.
Painting the Towns Teal
- FARE’s Teal Pumpkin Project Map allows any family shelling out food-free treats to add their home address to the custom map below. Click here to add your home address to the list.
Halloween Costumes and Crafts
- From 3D paper pumpkins to spooky foam spiders and glowing mummy jars, try our amazing Halloween crafts.
- DIY teal witch and wizard costume-making instructions.