Q: I’m a teacher and our middle school recently had an incident in which a small amount of nut butter got smeared on a desk that was later occupied by a student in my class with an allergy to hazelnuts. (That student had a minor skin reaction.) I would like to be sure that desktops get… Read more »
Many schools don’t have a full-time nurse, yet teachers aren’t permitted to use auto-injectors.
Peanut-allergic preschool children who received peanut oral immunotherapy as part of a clinical trial were 19 times more likely to successfully add peanut-containing foods into their diets, researchers said.
Before a school meeting on allergy accommodations, do your research — and plan how you’ll win them over.
A 10-year-old Ontario boy with asthma and food allergies, who died after collapsing in his school’s office, was without proper asthma controller medication and didn’t have epinephrine administered quickly enough, even though he was carrying an auto-injector, the investigating coroner has revealed. Javier Avina died from either an asthma attack or a food-allergic reaction on April 5,… Read more »