Gluten-Free Chocolate Brownies
Posted By Allergic Living On 2010/07/02 @ 3:26 pm In Celiac, Gluten-free,Dessert,DFCF,Eggs,Fish,Halloween,Milk/Dairy,Mustard,Other Legumes,Peanut,Pies, Squares,Pies, Squares,Pies, Squares,Sesame,Shellfish,Soy,Sulphites,Thanksgiving,Tree Nuts,Wheat | No Comments
Makes 12 brownies
Free of: Gluten and all top allergens
- 1 cup (250 mL) white rice flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) carob powder
- 2 tsp (10 mL) gluten-free baking powder
- 1 cup (250 mL) chocolate chips*
- 1 cup (250 mL) vegetable* or canola oil (*vegetable oil may contain soy)
- 1 cup (250 mL) brown sugar
- 4 eggs or 4 tbsp (60 mL) equivalent egg replacer
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
* See note on “Safe Chocolate”
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F. In a large bowl, sift together flour, carob, baking powder and salt. Add chocolate chips and stir well.
- In a separate bowl, use a whisk to cream together oil and sugar. Add the eggs (or egg replacer) and vanilla and stir.
- Pour wet mixture into flour mixture and combine.
- Grease an 8-inch square (or 8×11-inch) baking pan. Pour batter into pan and spread evenly.
- Bake 20–22 minutes. Cool, cut into 12 squares and serve.
For traditional recipe, click here 
* Note: Safe Chocolate
Here are some of our favorite allergy-friendly chocolate choices for baking:
- Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips – free of all top allergens, plus gluten and casein.
- Vermont Nut Free Chocolates Chocolate Chips, Unsweetened Baking Chocolate, Candy Melts and Cocoa Powder – free of peanut and tree nut.
Recipe by Simon Clarke
Food photography by Chris Gonzaga
First published in Allergic Living magazine.
To order that issue or to subscribe, click here .
© Copyright AGW Publishing Inc.
Article printed from Allergic Living: https://allergicliving.com
URL to article: https://allergicliving.com/index.php/2010/07/02/dessert-gluten-free-chocolate-brownies/
URLs in this post:
 Image: https://allergicliving.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Chocolate-Brownies.jpg
 here: http://www.allergicliving.com/features.asp?copy_id=214
 www.enjoylifefoods.com: http://www.enjoylifefoods.com/
 www.vermontnutfree.com: http://www.vermontnutfree.com/
 here: https://allergicliving.com/subscribe.asp
Click here to print.