Grapefruit, Pear and Avocado Salad
- 2 large grapefruits, halved with fruit removed. Reserve skins and extra juice
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) black olives, pitted and halved
- 1 ripe pear (Anjou or Bartlett), cored and diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 4 fresh basil leaves, finely sliced
Makes: 4 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
- In a large bowl, combine grapefruit segments and juice with all other ingredients. Toss together well.
- For a fun serving idea, line up the four empty grapefruit halves, and clean out remaining pith. Serve salad in the grapefruit bowls.
Recipe first published in Allergic Living magazine. Subscribe today for more great allergy-friendly and gluten free recipes