Grilled Rib-eye with Zucchini Fritters and Vine Tomatoes
Makes: 4 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
- 4 rib-eye steaks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb zucchini
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) gluten-free, all purpose flour
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) gluten-free beer (or sparkling water)
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) grapeseed oil
- 1 bunch cherry tomatoes on the vine
- Salt and pepper
- Heat barbecue or grill to high. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Brush steaks with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Reduce barbecue heat to medium high and grill steaks 4-6 minutes per side. Set aside
- Brush tomatoes with olive oil, place on cookie sheet and bake in oven for 4-6 minutes. Set aside.
- To make the fritters, grate zucchini into a bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon salt. Put aside
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Stir in beer or sparkling water.
- Squeeze liquid out of grated zucchini and add to flour mixture, combining thoroughly.
- In a large sauté pan heat grapeseed oil over medium-high heat. Add fritter mixture, 1 heaping tablespoon at a time, and flatten with the back of a spoon. Cook 2-4 minutes each side.
- Thinly slice steak and serve with fritters and tomatoes.
Recipe first published in Allergic Living magazine. Subscribe today for more great allergy-friendly and gluten free recipes