- 2 cups (475 mL) masa harina corn flour mix [Look for GF brands]
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) warm water
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 lb (450 g) ground turkey
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- pinch salt
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce, sliced
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 cups (475 mL) refried beans [Look for allergen-free brands or see “Baked Beans” recipe.]
Makes: 6-8 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
- For tortillas, combine the masa harina and salt in a bowl. Slowly add the water to form a dough. If too crumbly, add a little more water, if too wet add more masa harina.
- Knead dough 3-4 minutes. Divide dough into 12 golfball-size balls.
- Place each ball between plastic wrap and roll out to crepe thickness.
- In a dry sauté pan (preferably cast iron), on medium heat, cook each tortilla for about 1 minute per side.
- For filling, heat sunflower oil in a large sauté pan. Add turkey and sauté for 4-6 minutes. Add chili powder and salt. Continue to cook 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- Fill each cooked tortilla with the turkey, lettuce, tomato, avocado and beans. Fold in half and enjoy.
Recipe first published in Allergic Living magazine. Subscribe today for more great allergy-friendly and gluten free recipes