Classic Bolognese Sauce
- 1 lb (454 g) ground pork
- 1 lb (454 g) ground beef
- 2 cups (475 mL) onions, diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) celery, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ⁄ 4 cup (60 mL) olive oil
- 2 cups (475 mL) beef stock [look for allergen-free brands]
- 1 28 oz (795 mL) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 6 oz (175 mL) can tomato paste
- 2 tbsp thyme leaves
- Salt & pepper
Pair allergy-friendly sauce and one of the better brands of gluten-free noodles. The taste? Fantastico!
Makes: 6 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
Food photography by Chris Gonzaga
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large, high-sided frying pan. Sauté onions, celery, and garlic 4-5 minutes.
- Add pork and beef and continue to cook for a further 4 minutes. Add remaining ingredients, reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve over cooked pasta of your choice.
Recipe first published in Allergic Living magazine. Subscribe today for more great allergy-friendly and gluten free recipes