After-school center agrees to change epinephrine policy, giving access to kids with severe allergies.
Drug maker Kaléo promises low consumer payout, but list price may spark controversy.
A 10-year-old Ontario boy with asthma and food allergies, who died after collapsing in his school’s office, was without proper asthma controller medication and didn’t have epinephrine administered quickly enough, even though he was carrying an auto-injector, the investigating coroner has revealed. Javier Avina died from either an asthma attack or a food-allergic reaction on April 5,… Read more »
Company says details of “when and how best to bring Auvi-Q back to the market” still being worked out.
Epinephrine auto-injectors remain first line of defense for anaphylaxis, and technique can be adjusted to compensate.
Parents of kids with food allergies say they aren’t being taught how and when to use epinephrine.
Novel legislation helpful since pharmacy likely closest in an emergency.
Canadians should “immediately return all Allerjects,” says Sanofi Canada.
Sanofi expert says ‘no evidence’ yet of malfunctions in 26 reported devices; says recall ‘precautionary’.