After $15M settlement in tragedy, family will support allergy research, awareness.
Chandler Swink injected epinephrine and then drove himself to the hospital.
The parents of Natalie Giorgi, who died of an anaphylactic reaction to a bite of peanut, have filed a wrongful death lawsuit.
Thirteen-year-old Natalie Giorgi was camping with a group of families in Sacramento, California on July 27, 2013 when she ate a single bite of a Rice Krispies square. The peanut-allergic teen thought it tasted “funny”, and spat it out. The taste turned out to be peanut butter. At first Natalie didn’t show any symptoms and… Read more »
In the course of a week, two young people have had their lives cut short due to food-allergic reactions.
Amarria was the wakeup call: epinephrine has to be there to save lives.
Advice from leading experts on how to speak to food allergic children about the risks and precautions – without instilling fear. See also our full article on “Your Child and Food Allergy Fears“. Toddlers and Preschoolers Start the awareness – You’ll need to inform a young child that an allergen can make him or her… Read more »